Diabetics, are you aware that New Balance has a vast array of styles that are SADMERC/PDAC approved and A5500 coded as diabetic footwear? If not, then today is your lucky day because as you read on you’ll discover that New Balance has combined their technical features with their sporty upper designs, making their diabetic walking shoes comfortable, functional and more stylish than many diabetic shoes on the market. Unfortunately, diabetic shoes aren’t the most fashionable since their designs tend to focus more on features rather than on looks. But let’s not forget, diabetic shoes should be made with features to improve diabetic foot health – it’s not all about style; but it is nice when brands, like New Balance, offer diabetics trendier options to choose from, and options with technically advanced shoe features.
Please note: HealthyFeetStore.com provides the A5500 code on their product pages as assurance that you are receiving the same quality shoe as your doctor dispensed. HealthyFeetStore.com is unable to bill your insurance.
Most New Balance diabetic shoes have these notable features:
- Uppers made with leather or synthetic materials that are breathable to help keep moisture at bay, minimizing chances of experiencing fungal infections.
- Hook and loop straps for adjustability and easy on/off.
- LIGHTNING DRY® liner also keeps feet dry.
- Wide toe box design for wiggling toes – also helps accommodate swollen feet.
- Padded collar improves comfort around the ankle.
- Removable insole can be replaced with diabetic insoles, custom orthotics or arch supports.
- ABZORB® in the forefoot provides shock absorption against impact, while ABZORB® SBS provides 5 – 10% more cushioning at the heel than regular ABZORB®.
- Polyurethane cushioned midsole for soft, comfortable steps.
- TPU Walking Strike Path® technology helps stabilize and guide the foot through a more natural gait cycle.
- ROLLBAR® consists of a TPU lateral/medial post design for exceptional motion control to reduce excessive pronation and supination.
- Durable rubber outsole for longer wear.
- Wide sizes up to men’s 16 6E (XX-Wide) or women’s 13 4E (XX-Wide).
Some New Balance Diabetic Walking Shoes to Consider:
Merchant note: The New Balance 811 has been replaced with the 812. It has a sleeker design with the same functionality of the 811. The New Balance 812 also comes with a premium foam insert that can be replaced with custom orthotics or diabetic insoles.