Shop online now at Healthyfeetstore.com for our annual Cyber Monday sale! This is our biggest sale of the year and you do not want to miss out on these extreme savings! The more you spend, the more you save up to 30% off*. Let’s not forget, that shipping is absolutely FREE on everything**! This is the sale that you’ve been waiting for, take advantage of these unbeatable prices from your favorite recliner. Now is the time to purchase those cute boots that you like and all of your holiday gifts. Give the gift of foot health and save money while doing it!
♦30% off* orders over $300: Use coupon code cybermon30
♦25% off* orders over $200: Use coupon code cybermon25
♦20% off* orders over $100: Use coupon code cybermon20
♦ 15% off* any size order: Use coupon code cybermon15
*Brand exclusions apply see coupon page for details. **Free shipping applies to orders in the Contiguous U.S. only.
Shop and support small businesses on Saturday, November 29th! Not only can you discover fantastic local shops, but also small online businesses such as HealthyFeetStore.com, which started over a decade ago in the small garage. Nowadays, HealthyFeetStore.com has it’s own administrative office and warehouse in San Diego, Ca; and is still growing and becoming a leading online retailer in the footwear industry.
Be part of the movement on Small Business Saturday to help make an impact across the country!
As a big thank you for your support, HealthyFeetStore.com is offering free shipping** plus 15% off your entire purchase*.
Just use shopsmall5 upon checkout.
*Brand exclusions apply, see website for details.
**Free Shipping applies to domestic ground shipping orders within the Contiguous U.S. only.
We are very thankful for all of our customers at Healthyfeetstore.com and to prove it, we’re offering two great sales for Thanksgiving and Black Friday. If your Thanksgiving Day is filled with cooking and enjoying time with family, you still have a second chance to shop and save on Black Friday! Plus all orders ship for free with no minimum purchase amount required. Don’t miss out on huge savings during the biggest shopping weekend of the year! Whether you’re shopping for gifts for Mom or Dad, orthopedic slippers, or ideas for stocking stuffers for the family, you’ll have two days to save big! Don’t waste your time standing in store lines, shop online and save money and time!
- On Thanksgiving Day save 20% on all orders*, plus shipping is free** when you enter coupon code turkeyday14 at checkout.
- On Black Friday save 15% on all orders* and shipping is free** when you enter coupon code blackfriday14 at checkout.
*Brand exclusions apply see coupon page for details. **Free shipping applies to orders in the Contiguous U.S. only.
Sever’s disease is a painful foot condition that affects children around middle school age when they are going through a growth spurt. Like the rest of their bodies, kids’ feet are growing, including the bones in their heels. During this growth spurt, kids’ feet are extra sensitive as the heel plate grows. However you won’t be able to diagnose Sever’s disease by looking at the foot (it won’t appear red or swollen) but it does hurt!
Sever’s disease is like a growth spurt for kids’ heel bones, however, not all growing kids experience Sever’s disease. One kid may be unaffected, the other may need to rest for a sports season. Repeated visits to the physician for Sever’s disease is unnecessary. Like getting your molars, having tonsils removed, or getting muscle cramps, Sever’s disease is very much a fact of life for growing kids. Worst case scenario, your child may suffer from Sever’s disease for two years, but keep in mind this is not a life-long condition.
Sensitivity caused by Sever’s disease causes kids’ feet to be more susceptible for further injury, so it’s important that kids are fitted with footwear that offers cushion and protection. Unsupportive flip-flops and canvas slip-ons won’t cut it! Kids’ feet need shoes that offer excellent arch support and an outsole that will absorb impact so that their feet grow healthy and strong.
A cushioned heel cup inserted into kids’ shoes can help protect the heel bone, and give kids’ feet more cushion on sensitive heels. This also allows you to transfer the heel cup from one pair of shoes to the next. (See the 3/4 Length Arch Support Insole for extra cushioning and support at the arch too.) The shock absorption in the heel cup protects the heel from harmful impact while being active; running, jumping and other high-impact activities. However if your child lets you know that their feet are hurting, it’s best to take the time to rest while they’re experiencing foot pain. Sometimes this means stopping play early and icing their feet, other times it could mean sitting out a season of soccer or other sports activities.
Take these tips to get through the painful foot condition of Sever’s disease during those at-risk adolescent years.
How to know if your child may be at risk
- Girls between ages: 8 and 13
- Boys between ages 10 and 15
- Active kids are at greater risk
- Going through a growth spurt
- It’s very likely your child will let you know if their heels are bothering them due to Sever’s disease, ouch!
Symptoms of Sever’s Disease:
How to Treat Sever’s Disease
- It’s necessary to visit a physican to determine whether or not Sever’s disease is the cause of the heel pain.
- Insert a heel cup into kids’ shoes for extra cushioning, support, and protection.
- A 3/4 length arch support insole extends the supports up past the arch to reduces foot fatigue, ankle pain, arch pain, and discomfort
- Fit kids’ feet with proper sized footwear. It’s important to measure kids’ feet, they’re growing quickly! Find a children’s foot measuring device for home here.
- Sever’s disease is manageable, but it’s painful too! Kids should rest their feet when a heel is hurting.
- Rest, ice, and elevate kids’ feet up on a pillow to ease pain and discomfort. Repeat daily when experiencing pain.
- Stretch the hamstring muscle to help release lactic acid and growing pains.
Your feet deserve a little more credit, don’t you think? After all, they get you to where you need to go, and they carry your entire body weight, every day! By being aware of your feet throughout the day you can help treat and prevent foot fatigue and pain. And no matter what time of day it is, there is something that you can do to treat your feet, and improve overall health. From the time you wake up in the morning, to the time you go to sleep, here’s what your feet go through on a daily basis.
After resting through the night, this is the time of day when your feet are the least likely to be swollen and tired. However many people who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis feel it first thing in the morning when they step out of bed. Ouch! Plantar Fasciitis causes pain in the heel and bottom of the foot. Once you start walking and stretching your muscles the pain will subside.
Tip: Start the day off right with food that improves foot health like grapefruit, blueberries, cantaloupe, avocado and flax seed.
If you’ve been wearing heels or unsupportive dress shoes your feet will begin to feel tired, and you’re most likely feeling a little more sluggish,and prefer to avoid a lot of walking. However taking the time to go on short walks throughout the day is AWESOME for your health. A quick 10 minute walk at a moderate pace improves circulation and prevents weight gain.
Tip: Stash a pair of athletic/walking shoes or comfortable flats at or desk, or in your car to take a walk break whenever you have a free 10 minutes or more. Make this a daily habit.
It’s common for feet to swell during the later half of the day. That’s why it’s also the best time of day to go shoe shopping, since this is the time of day that your feet will be at their largest size.
If you plan on going for an evening walk or work out, wearing compression socks or socks with arch support can help relieve sore and swollen feet. Wearing house slippers at home also keep feet supported and can protect toes from injury. (Anyone who has ever stepped on a Lego wishes they were wearing some kind of footwear!) No matter where your day took you it’s always beneficial to elevate your feet in the evening to give them a break!
Tip: Massaging feet can greatly improve circulation and relieve muscle tension, even if just for a minute each foot, your entire body will feel the rewards. Feet are directly connected to your legs, back, shoulders, neck, and all the way up to your head – massaging can help relieve built-up tension.
Fix your feet while you sleep and take care of them after a long day of walking or standing. Applying lotion to your feet before bedtime can help heal dry and cracked heels. Wear socks after applying lotion for better results. It’s recommended that diabetics always wear diabetic socks at night to encourage healthy blood circulation. If you’re experiencing bunion pain, wearing a splint or alignment socks at night will help relieve pain for a better tomorrow.
Congratulations to Germany; the 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!! Were you one of the 20 million daily viewers who tuned in to watch the #1 sport in the world? I must admit, I watched a game or two. Surprisingly enough, I’ve never watched the World Cup. So, I had to see for myself what all the hype was about. It was quite interesting to see 22 men on a field, chasing down a ball with their feet, with one goal in mind, winning the World Cup. I watched these men battle it out for 90 highly intense minutes shedding blood, sweat, and tears. It made me wonder, why is this sport so popular? Maybe professional soccer players are willing to sacrifice foot pain for World Cup glory. Most people don’t realize how much pressure professional soccer players put on their feet. It is extremely important that they properly care for and maintain their foot health. I mean, their feet are only worth millions of dollars.
Soccer has a higher injury rate when compared to many other contact and collision sports such as field hockey, rugby, basketball, and football. According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, nearly 626,600 athletes were injured while playing soccer in 2012. With soccer gaining more and more popularity, the number of soccer related injuries continue to increase.
The most common lower leg and foot injuries associated with playing soccer are:
- Athlete’s Foot
- Loss of Toenails
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Bones Spurs
- Plantar Warts
- Bruised or Broken Bones
Before an injury most people will experience minor symptoms or ailments, and without proper care those symptoms will turn into something more serious. Taking the necessary steps to prevent an injury before it happens is always recommended. The most common ailments are foot and heel pain. Adding insoles to your cleats can help. If you have a child who complains of heel or foot pain, I recommend Kidzerts because they offer a full line of children’s insoles that will help eliminate foot pain and give your young soccer player the extra support they need in cleats. Remember to wear socks that will help keep your feet cool and dry, or try using the Pedifix FungaSoap when washing your feet after a game to help reduce the risk of athlete’s foot. Make sure your soccer cleats fit properly. Wearing shoes that are too big or too small can cause you to develop calluses or blisters. Also, try using a foot cream, such as Foot Kinetics RunGoo, it will help reduce friction between the sock and skin minimizing the risk of calluses and blisters. Most of these injuries are minor and can be treated with the foot care products we carry on Healthyfeetstore.com. However, some of the more serious injuries may require that you seek medical attention.
If you have a little one who is a beginner soccer player or if you’re old like me and enjoy a pick-up game every once in a while, remember to take care of your feet and they will take care of you!
We’re happy to share the news that one of our favorite brands, KidZerts, has recently created a YouTube channel that is live and running. We strongly suggest subscribing to their channel. At the moment, they have various product videos about the type of technology used in their insoles so that children can gain better posture, balance, and body alignment. Check out one of their videos posted above.
Treat dad with healthy feet, it’s his day! You have seen the world sitting upon his shoulders. It’s your chance to take off his weary load and give him the gift of foot health. Father’s Day is almost here; this is one day your dad gets to completely take off.
Add comfort to your dad’s feet with some amazing footwear and foot care products from top notch orthopedic brands. All dads have a unique sense of style and choosing a shoe style can be quite an effort! But you don’t have to worry at all; HealthyFeetStore.com has “Every kind of shoe for Every kind of dad”.
HealthyFeetStore.com is here to help you tell your dad that you care about his comfort. Use Coupon lovedad14 for $15 off* your purchase of $100 or more! Hurry the offer ends on 6/8/2014!
*Brand exclusions apply. See website for details. Free shipping applies to contiguous U.S. ground shipping orders.
Summer is upon us and it’s time to flaunt those pretty feet! One can never get enough of sun soaked skin, flip-flops, sun glasses and pool parties during summer, but keep in mind that feet take a beating during summer and need a little more pampering than what they usually do. It’s not uncommon to experience foot odor during summers. One of the reasons for this is that feet sweat during the warm weather days, as a result of which bacteria get collected in the interiors of the shoe causing the feet to smell. A lot of people switch to wearing flats and open-toed footwear thinking fresh air will keep the bad smell away. Yes this may help but not for long, in the middle of the summer foot odor could come back to haunt you! By keeping your feet and footwear clean, you can keep away from stinking feet. Follow these simple tips and your feet will be ready to go out and kiss the sunshine.
1. Wash your feet regularly: Most people wear flip-flops and flats during summer. Open-toed footwear is definitely comfortable during warm weather days, but along with that comes the risk of your feet coming in contact with different types of bacteria. So, it is important that you wash your feet daily with PedFix Tea Tree Oil Antifungal Soap and dry them completely. Both these foot care products are available at the HealthyFeetStore.com for an affordable price. Don’t forget to wipe the area between your toes, dampness helps bacteria breed so depriving them of it will keep them away. This way your feet will be free of odor in flip-flops as well as shoes.
2. Keep your footwear clean: Enjoying a warm summer day usually leads to walking around on various surfaces outdoors. This means your feet will sweat more often, resulting in foot odor, and there will be more chances of your footwear collecting bacteria. To get rid of this, make sure you wash them thoroughly on a regular basis throughout the summer. Different types of footwear need different ways of cleaning. For example, to remove the foot odor from sneakers simply sprinkle three tablespoons of baking soda into each shoe and leave it over night and pour it out in the morning. In case of flip-flops and plastic sandals, wash them in lukewarm water with soap. Make sure you clean the edges and toe thongs (If any) thoroughly, these are the primary breeding places for the bacteria. Some footwear are washing-machine friendly, in this case just toss them into the washer and let them air dry.
3. Change Insoles after they are worn out: We all have a favorite pair of shoes which we never want to part ways with, but at times when the insoles gather too much sweat and if they are not washable you have no option left but to dispose them. Well, here’s the good news! HealthyFeetStore.com sells a variety of orthotic friendly insoles which can be replaced with the present ones. One of my personal favorites is the Piggy Pillows insoles for flip flops. They not only cushion your feet but also keep them dry, as they are made with antimicrobial fabric which makes them perfect for summers. These insoles can be inserted into flip flops, thongs, sandals or shoes.
4. Powder your footwear regularly to prevent the foot odor: Sweat is what causes foot odor, so it’s important to keep your feet dry. Sprinkle your footwear with Odor Control and Antibacterial Foot Powder-On Your Toes available at Healthyfeetstore.com. This is a doctor recommended odor eliminator; it kills the bacteria on your feet and footwear that cause foot odor.
5. Summer foot soaks: Your feet need most pampering during summer. At times, when you hardly have time for an elaborate saloon pedicure home remedies are the best alternatives. A simple lemon foot soak can help you get rid of that bothering foot odor. Take a bowl of water, preferable warm mix it with the juice of one lemon and soak your feet for twenty minutes in it. Now dry your feet thoroughly, fill the juiced lemons with the foot scrub of your choice and use them to buff your heels. Finish this home pedicure with a relaxing foot cream. The Dead Sea Foot Cream from Naot is a therapeutic and hypo-allergenic foot cream, the best thing about this foot cream is the anti-bacterial Tea Tree oil disinfect and prevent cracking and itching.
By following the above listed precautionary measures, you will be able to keep your feet in the best of their health. After all, healthy feet are the foundation for a healthy mind and body! Visit HealthyFeetStore.com for quality summer foot care products.